Tax Specialist – US
Sumitomo SHI FW is a world leader in combustion and steam generation technology. The company has sold close to 500 circulating fluidized bed (CFB) steam generating units around the world, bringing high-value technology solutions to utilities, independent power generators, municipalities and industrial clients. Our leadership position in CFB combustion has resulted from our commitment to deliver superior designs providing high efficiency, fuel flexibility and low emissions.
Our power solutions expand beyond fluidized bed technologies, covering flue gas cleaning, gasification, waste heat boilers and a full spectrum of aftermarket services. We pride ourselves in being able to cleanly and reliability convert the widest range of low quality fuels, waste materials and waste heat into affordable sustainable power, heat, syngas and steam for our clients. Our goal to provide sustainable energy solutions for all types of power applications relies on the most talented people with the deepest know-how and experience in the industry.
Sumitomo SHI FW is currently looking for a Tax Specialist - US to located in our Hampton, NJ office:
Tax Specialist – US
Responsibilities to include:
- Prepare commercial tax advice for assigned companies based on review of proposals, contracts and purchase orders and research on federal, state/local tax matters.
- Assist in registrations for Sales & Use tax and for relevant business licenses.
- Prepare federal and state income tax filings including quarterly estimates, extensions, and tax returns.
- Prepare sales & use tax filings for assigned companies.
- Work closely with AP to calculate Use Tax obligations for assigned companies.
- Provide support for sales & use tax, and income tax audits as required.
- Assist in preparation of Transfer Pricing documentation.
- Keep track of relevant federal and state / local tax compliance requirements and due dates and maintain tax calendars for assigned companies.
- Prepare quarterly income tax provision for assigned companies and support in other tax accounting matters.
- Assist in SFW Group tax accounting and reporting.
- Participation to day to day accounting and monthly financials preparation
- Review of AP charge account information
- Work closely with the Finance, Treasury and Tax teams in various activities and projects, proactively offering support.
- Must be able to work in a global environment.
We are looking for an entry level high-achiever with a positive, learning- and service-oriented attitude. The desired person is proactive, takes initiative and ownership, is flexible and has the following qualifications and capabilities:
- Great cooperation skills to work with people on all levels of organization and around the world.
- Result-oriented and persistent approach, and ability to execute and finalize.
- Proactive attitude as well as ability to operate autonomously to achieve goals.
- University degree and a CPA preferred. 3-5 years minimum tax experience.
Please send resumes to the Human Resources Department: SFW.USfirstname.lastname@example.org