FINLAND - SPECIALIST, INNOVATION & INTERNAL COMMUNICATION
Sumitomo SHI FW (SFW) is a world leader in combustion and steam generation technology and related services. We have sold close to 500 circulating fluidized bed steam generating units around the world; to utilities, independent power generators, municipalities and industrial clients. Our leadership position in CFB combustion results from our commitment to deliver superior designs providing high efficiency, fuel flexibility and low emissions. We pride ourselves in being able to cleanly and reliability convert the widest range of low quality fuels, waste materials and waste heat into affordable sustainable power, heat, syngas and steam for our clients. We are over 1 000 people globally and serve customers in our project-based business all around the globe.
We are now looking for a Specialist, Innovation & Internal Communication
This position will be an entry level generalist role. It is an excellent viewing point to SFW long term developments and crucial strategic topics - there will be always something new to learn. Position is located in Espoo. Innovation & Internal Communication Specialist reports to SVP Innovation.
Composition and purpose of the role:
Main part of the work consists of driving and supporting innovation program as part of the Innovation core team. In this position you will have an ownership of innovation tools and systems, program & function communication and reporting, as well as learning program ownership. You may participate in scenario work coordination, start-up review and creating & finetuning business emerging business plans. Another key component of the role is coordination of global internal communication, mainly the intranet and its usage as well as other more inventive media. A lot of the internal communication relates to Human Resources, and position holder can choose to grow his/her competences also on this area. Minor part of the role is to handle executive assistance to SVP, Innovation consisting of travel and meeting arrangements and support in IT, invoicing etc. administrative practices.
- Work closely with the Innovation core and program teams in various activities and projects, proactively ensuring support particularly in all program practicalities, ways of working, systems and tools and communication.
- Owner of all program practical arrangements (meetings, travels, documentation), databases, tools and systems (in which also acts as user support and superuser)
- Main responsibility of planning program communication and making it happen, consequently involving people and inspiring them
- Main responsibility of program related learning activities on program and SFW level
- Main responsibility of program involvement / ideation campaigns including systems, tools etc.
- involved in idea pipeline management (transparency of the follow-up, driving the next steps etc.)
- Coordination and support of scenarios work and market studies, and start up review work
- Structure, guide and support global internal communications, mainly intranet
- Understand the needs for internal communication globally: the different key messages, target groups and goals. Understand the current state and the development path for global internal communication and take concrete small steps to improve.
- Write & review & refine content for communications, create headlines and illustrations or multimedia materials. Publish communications in a structured way, provide feedback to content providers & follow-up communication efficiency. Ensure consistent framing of messages.
- Consult communication content providers in global communication online and user experience creating templates, guidance’s, check-lists, best practices and prototypes that make it easy to create and receive communication.
- Coordinating, preparing and editing the HR intranet and newsletters, including the content creation. Supporting global HR Leadership team and development projects work as required
- Assistance to SVP, Innovation: travel arrangements, preparation of business presentations and communicating ideas and concepts, administrative support in finance and it (invoicing, budgeting & follow-up etc.)
We are looking for an junior high-achiever with a positive, learning-oriented attitude and genuine interest in a work in which no day is similar to another and continuous learning and appetite for wide range of business topics is a must. The desired person is proactive, takes initiative and ownership, is flexible and has the following qualifications and capabilities:
- MSc Econ, Tech or equivalent (close to completion if not completed)
- Efficient, flexible, structured and positive high-achiever with learning and service-oriented attitude
- Solid cooperation skills to work with people on all levels of organization and around the world.
- Good organizational skills, proactive and self-going, quick at grasping and understanding tasks without long explanations but willing to ensure quality of outcomes through clarifying expectations and asking questions to understand the needs
- Able to work efficiently with multiple ongoing tasks. With knowledge and understanding of the functional goals, is able to prioritize his/her time and efforts to the most important topics at hand. Attention to detail and ability to multitask also under pressure but also willingness to understand the why and big picture of processes and systems
- Result-oriented and persistent approach, and ability to execute and finalize by taking ownership and initiative
- Communication skills: ability to write brief, clear and grammatically correct messages in English, as well as visualize complex ideas or plans, create & edit video contents etc. Fluency in Finnish makes the work easier.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional secretarial skills and computer literacy (MS Office) including internet/intranet building, preferably also experience of multiple different systems & digital tools & sharing platforms. Familiarity with digital communication media.
- Keen interest to learn particularly Energy Industry, Innovation & IoT as well as HR topics
Why you might be interested?
Working with us in this role, you will have an opportunity to understand how strategic renewal of a company works through many vehicles. This should be a great basis for building your professional expertise and career further. You will get to learn innovation process & methodologies as well as structured program approach. Through multiple communication, cooperation, coordination and analytical tasks you will perceive your true contribution to a global business and its development.
As you know, Energy industry is a key industry of future and undergoing an interesting disruption - definitely worth your attention. Our environment is global and you will get to cooperate with dedicated knowledgeable people from many countries. You will have a demanding yet fair boss and colleagues that are very results focused but love to laugh together. This means that you will develop fast and it will never be boring.
Apply by sending your application and CV no later than 10.2.2019 to email@example.com
For more information, do drop a note to the same / above email.